Marsha Henderson, Vice Chairman
Goal: Implement activities, encourage participation and increase promotion of tourism in the Terrell area.
Host / Coordinate / Promote Tourism-related activities
- Host and Enhance the 39th Annual Terrell Jubilee
- Coordinate July 4th Fireworks Event.
- Promote the British Flying Training School Museum all year long and support their annual events.
- Dinner/Dance (April)
- Fly-In/ Air Show (September)
- Support and Promote community activities that attract visitors to Terrell.
- Happy Days in Terrell America “Celebration of National Mom & Pop Business
- Day” (March)
- “Run for the Wall” event (May)
- North Texas Antique Tractor & Engine Club ( June)
- Allied Remembrance Ride (June)
- Christmas in July Shopping Event
- Ability Experience / Journey of Hope cyclists (July)
- Shop Home for the Holidays “Small Business Saturday” (December)
- Tour of Homes (December)
- Explore new opportunities that attract visitors to Terrell
- Director of Tourism to develop a network for tourism and to achieve high visibility for our community
- Utilize the Terrell Chamber of Commerce / CVB website to promote and advertise tourism related activities.
- Develop social media plan to promote tourism.
- Distribute Terrell America tourism information to Visitor’s Centers throughout Texas
- Explore opportunities for local industries / hotels to strengthen business relationships
- Work with Small Businesses and promote downtown events (Christmas Parade, Downtown Trick-or-Treat)
- Support BFTS museum
- Business mixers
- Support TISD/Share Center Back to School program and Adopt-A-Classroom.
- Provide recognition gift for campus Teachers of the Year
Members wishing to participate with the committee directing the Tourism Division should contact:
U-Rent-It Sales & Service
2280 W Moore Avenue, Terrell, Texas 75160
Tourism Division Committee Members
Joy Weaver, Protocol Enterprises
Shari Cassidy, Platinum Chevrolet
Angie West, Terrell Healthcare Center
Talana Morris, Terrell Chamber of Commerce/CVB
Dora Trejo, Terrell Chamber of Commerce/CVB