When someone searches Google for your business by name, does your listing come up with contact info, website link, business hours, and a map? Or perhaps it comes up, but it has incorrect information.
You need to be sure you have claimed your Google My Business listing so you can control the information that appears.
Here's how to do that:
- Before you get started, you'll want to login to your Google account.
- Don't have a Google account? It's free to set up and you do not have to set up a Gmail address (who needs one more email account to keep up with, right?) Simply use any existing email address to create your Google account.
- Once you're signed into your Google account, type your business name in the Google search bar.
- In the listing on the right, click 'Own this business?'
- No listing on the right? Go to the Google My Business site and click "Add Business" and follow those steps.
- If the listing is already owned, it will show a redacted email address for the listing owner. You can request access or go through steps to recover your account.
- If the listing isn't owned, it'll step you through the process of verifying the business.
- Once verification is complete, you can manage your listing. This includes:
- Adding custom photos
- Adding hours of operation, including holiday closures
- Reading and responding to reviews
- Add special offers
- Add events
- Create Google ads
- And much more!
I hope you find this helpful! If you run into trouble or have questions, I'm happy to try to assist.